Have fun with a new word each day. I'll choose a word. You make up a meaning.
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Squaloid
Squaloid means "like a shark". Mmmm. Obviously, it's never too late to learn something new. Sonnjea B's invented meaning found favour with the voters. Good job, Sonnjea.
Squaloid is the name for that feeling you get when you've had just a bit too much to drink and you lie down and the room starts spinning. I have however found a cure for this, lie in bed, but keep one foot anchored to the floor. Works a treat!
A squaloid is a person who evidently enjoys living in squalor.
We have a lot of TV shows here, like Clean Sweep, that help hapless people clean up their wretched abodes. Until I watched the show, I had no idea how many Americans were total squaloids.
Similar to "Denzoid," a squaloid is a particularly unimaginative and lacking in intelligence squatting duck or chicken. "The squaloid duck displayed both poor nesting and poor squatting instincts and the eggs did not hatch."
1. I choose an obscure dictionary word.
2. You invent a wacky meaning and add it as a comment.
3. After a certain time I list the true meaning and choose a winner for the invented meaning.
There are no prizes, just lots of fun!
Remember, children use this site too.
I am a children's author who has had a handful of books published by trade publishers. They're in book shops and libraries. I've also had a sackful of books published by educational publishers. These are mainly found in schools. I love words and that's why I invented this blog site.
5 comments:
Snow squall on steroids!
Squaloid is the shape little children draw in the developmental stage before they can produce something that resembles a square.
Squaloid is the name for that feeling you get when you've had just a bit too much to drink and you lie down and the room starts spinning. I have however found a cure for this, lie in bed, but keep one foot anchored to the floor. Works a treat!
A squaloid is a person who evidently enjoys living in squalor.
We have a lot of TV shows here, like Clean Sweep, that help hapless people clean up their wretched abodes. Until I watched the show, I had no idea how many Americans were total squaloids.
Similar to "Denzoid," a squaloid is a particularly unimaginative and lacking in intelligence squatting duck or chicken. "The squaloid duck displayed both poor nesting and poor squatting instincts and the eggs did not hatch."
Post a Comment