Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Scatology
As suggested by Amalia, scatology is the study of excrement. It also describes the study of swearing, I believe. There was a variety of entries on the blog today, which I always like, and the voting for the final three was fairly evenly spread. However, Sonnjea B won out in the end. Well done, Sonnjea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Scatology is the study of how to shoo away cats when you're walking your dogs. If you have two dogs like mine, the trick is to spot the cat before the dogs do. You then do a special scatology signal which supposedly makes the cat go away. However, I am very unsure about scatology philosophy because it doesn't seem to work with me or my two dogs.
Scatology is the study of scat, the nonesense bit of the song found mostly in Jazz. Scatologists rarely agree on anything as there is such a wide range of scat to study.
Scatology is the study of poop. Poop is also called scat in many cultures. Scatologists have few friends (due to a transferrence of odor), but do the important work of determining why some scat floats and some does not, as well as attempting to solve the Great Corn Mystery.
Scatology is the study of how objects scatter. Of course, that's a very broad subject, so there are specialists within the field. Some, like herboscatologists, study how best to scatter seeds to maximize crop yield. Others, called hyrdroscatologists, study the way rain drops scatter when they hit a windshield. And then there are anthroscatologists, who study the phenomenon that results in all the children scattering to just out of earshot when it's time to do the dishes.
Scatology teaches people, especially softies, how to say "no." No to telemarketers, no to whiny kids, etc.
Some people can't say no. They take a course or read a book written by Thomas Scat, hence scatology.
Scatology refers to the tendency of browsers in a library to replace a book on the shelf in a different place to the one the book should be in. This results in a random scattering of books throughout the library thus rendering the catalogue useless as a method of finding books. This is such a serious problem that, not only are people employed in university libraries to deal with outbreaks of scatology, but support groups have also been set up to deal with it.
" Hi, my name is Alison and I am a scatologist...once I even replaced a book on a shelf in a completely different library to the one it belonged in." Alison hangs her head and blushes while the rest of the group applaud supportively.
i have no fresh ideas these days, so i will merely second the definition that first came to my mind.
I second the definition posed by Madame C!
You mean I was right?! That sucks! I thought I was being original. grrrr. I shall endeavor to be more outlandish in my meanings. Humph!
Post a Comment