Thursday, April 26, 2007

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy is when a witch transforms into a wolf or - just to keep you on your toes - it's also a mental affliction whereby the patient thinks he or she is a beast and exhibits the characteristics of that beast. Grrrrr. Best stop there, I think. Great meanings on the blog for lycanthropy. The winner was Sonnjea B. Great work once again, Sonnjea.

4 comments:

mommanator said...

Lycanthropy is a new flower here in the US,it has a vine which looks like a rope however a beautiful blossom is at the end of the vine.

Heather said...

I can't make up a meaning as I know the actual meaning of this word. I have to say that I feel incredibly intelligent for seeing a word on here I'm familiar with! Woo Hoo! Or should I say, AROOOOO?


~Amalia~

Anonymous said...

Lycanthropy is what a Lycanthropist does. Lycanthropists are not rich in cash, but for some unknown reason have a lifetime supply of cans of Lychees stored in a shed at the back of their brother-in-laws farm. Lycanthropists have made it their life's work to travel around the country giving away cans of Lychees to those less fortunate than themselves.

Sonnjea said...

Lycanthropy IS common in the US; however it is not a vine. It's the corruption that occurs in many charitable organizations where the head of the group receives a huge salary or other cash kickbacks from the donations sent in by well-meaning people who just wanted to help disaster or disease victims. Lycanthropy, then, is sort of the opposite of philanthropy.