Wednesday, October 07, 2009
Paragoge
Okay, firstly, I'm hopeless. At being a decent word imp that is. I do have some redeeming features. But consistency in blogging obviously isn't one of them. Call me what you will. But I'm back today and that's something. Maybe it will be the start of bigger and better things. To my trusty followers, I know you're all older and wiser, but if you're still there... Yay! I appreciate your tenacity. Anyway, back to today's word - Paragoge. The real meaning is grammatical. It's the addition of an extra letter or syllable to a word. Not sure if I can give you an example. Perhaps making paragoge spelled paragogue... We all loved the meaning invented by Mags, who's today's winner. Great work Mags and I can't wait to try out a paragoge myself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
A paragoge is a new tourism adventure thrill ride. It involves a parachute, a water slide and a very high mountain. One starts at the top of the mountain, slides down the water slide, becomes airborne, pulls the ripcord and floats gently down to earth.
Paragoge: a mythical creature that is able to travel between parallel universes. Described by Heraclites as " the only known creature which is able to step into the same river twice", referring to the Paragoge's ability to subvert the rules of consensus reality.
A paragoge is a politician who is trying to get the paratrooper vote. Popular vote-grabbers are an aggressive foreign policy and reductions in tax on parachutes and aircraft.
I think paragoge is a euphemism for dead.
Word Imp IS back!
Kewl :-) !
Thanx for telling me you'd resumed doing this blog!
Post a Comment