Thursday, October 08, 2009
Ochlocracy
I love this word. It's my new fave, especially with an obligatory Scottish accent. Try it and see! That's not to say it's a Scottish word, cos it's not. In fact, the real meaning of ochlocracy is mob rule. So, next time I see mob rule taking hold, I'll be able to stand, chin in hand and sagely refer to the general chaos as an ochlocracy. Thanks to my fellow word imps who offered their invented meanings. The winner on the poll was Anonymous. Well done, whoever you are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
It's a cough medicine, for when you have a croaky frog in your throat.
It's when a state is ruled by the people of Scotland.
Ochlocracy (o-chlo-cracy): the process of dechlorinating swimming pool water, to render it drinkable. This is very useful in times of drought or natural disaster.
Being under the compulsion to open eight web pages at a time. A specialty of true Internet addicts.
PS. I've been curious about the name of your blog. Are you a (special, discerning, sensible, loyal) Word Perfect user? ;-)
No, it's nothing to do with Word Perfect. I just liked the idea of the name Word Imperfect when I started the blog and I liked the way it meant I could be called the Word Imp.
It's a kind of unbreakable china invented by wizards.
The study of clocks.
Post a Comment