Have fun with a new word each day. I'll choose a word. You make up a meaning.
Sunday, December 24, 2006
Didapper
A didapper is a small diving waterfowl. There were some very intriguing entries on the blog and Floribunda's was the pick of the voters. I liked it too, Floribunda. Thanks for taking time out from your busy schedules everyone.
Didapper is used to describe twins whose parents insist on dressing them identically - whether or not they are identical tiwns. As you can imagine this can be embarressing for boy/girl twins.
A didapper is a giant flying insect that makes a cricket-like sound, only louder. They appear in the summer time and drive people crazy with the racket.
"Please pass me the corn." "You want to play a horn??" "CORN!" "Sorry, I can't hear you over these dagnabbed dadippers!"
A didapper is a person prone to skipping. They tend to be happy people, but it can be a pain trying to walk next to them, especially in malls and other overly-crowded places.
1. I choose an obscure dictionary word.
2. You invent a wacky meaning and add it as a comment.
3. After a certain time I list the true meaning and choose a winner for the invented meaning.
There are no prizes, just lots of fun!
Remember, children use this site too.
I am a children's author who has had a handful of books published by trade publishers. They're in book shops and libraries. I've also had a sackful of books published by educational publishers. These are mainly found in schools. I love words and that's why I invented this blog site.
5 comments:
Didapper is used to describe twins whose parents insist on dressing them identically - whether or not they are identical tiwns. As you can imagine this can be embarressing for boy/girl twins.
A didapper is a giant flying insect that makes a cricket-like sound, only louder. They appear in the summer time and drive people crazy with the racket.
"Please pass me the corn."
"You want to play a horn??"
"CORN!"
"Sorry, I can't hear you over these dagnabbed dadippers!"
a didapper (pronounced DID-uhper) is the real name for that little instrument that the chiropractor uses to thump your spine into place.
A didapper is a person prone to skipping. They tend to be happy people, but it can be a pain trying to walk next to them, especially in malls and other overly-crowded places.
Didapper is a tool that a carpenter uses when carving wood for the intricate detail that creates the most beautiful pieces of furniture.
Post a Comment