Have fun with a new word each day. I'll choose a word. You make up a meaning.
Friday, May 18, 2007
Lordosis
Lordosis is forward curvature of the spine. Fortunately, it's not something I'm acquainted with at this stage. I enjoyed the invented meanings very much. Well done to everyone who had a go - and congratulations to the winner on the poll, Sonnjea B.
9 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Lordosis is Halitosis suffered by Lords and Ladies. It goes by a different name for the upper crust as they can't have the same name for bodily afflictions as the common people, and also all that talking with a plum in your mouth causes a slightly different odour to that which is suffered by peasants.
Lordosis is what Aussies get when they play England at Lords. Usually causes large amounts of beer drinking and calling "Aussie Aussie Aussie". Only healed if England wins.
Lordosis is a condition in which older brothers always have control over their younger siblings (especially sisters). A woman can be 55 years old and still have her older brothers tell her what to do and she marches right in line with their orders.
Lordosis is the condition on a toad's skin that raises warts. While evolutionary in the species, it is commonly referred to when children develop warts.
1. I choose an obscure dictionary word.
2. You invent a wacky meaning and add it as a comment.
3. After a certain time I list the true meaning and choose a winner for the invented meaning.
There are no prizes, just lots of fun!
Remember, children use this site too.
I am a children's author who has had a handful of books published by trade publishers. They're in book shops and libraries. I've also had a sackful of books published by educational publishers. These are mainly found in schools. I love words and that's why I invented this blog site.
9 comments:
Lordosis is Halitosis suffered by Lords and Ladies. It goes by a different name for the upper crust as they can't have the same name for bodily afflictions as the common people, and also all that talking with a plum in your mouth causes a slightly different odour to that which is suffered by peasants.
Lordosis means high and mighty.
Every time the lordosis person in the cubicle behind me is right, he rubs it in.
Lordosis is what Aussies get when they play England at Lords. Usually causes large amounts of beer drinking and calling "Aussie Aussie Aussie". Only healed if England wins.
Lordosis is a condition in which older brothers always have control over their younger siblings (especially sisters). A woman can be 55 years old and still have her older brothers tell her what to do and she marches right in line with their orders.
Lordosis is the condition on a toad's skin that raises warts. While evolutionary in the species, it is commonly referred to when children develop warts.
the formation of bone spurs on the skull. patients usually wear hats to cover the spikes. except at parties. they can be a real gas at parties.
darn I know the meaning of this one
Lordosis is the scientific term for the phenomenon commonly referred to as love handles. Lordosis is the bane of a many a dieter's existence!
nasty disease relating to the ego
Post a Comment