Boscage refers to masses of trees or shrubs. I certainly have never heard of the term before. However, I can now say that I am fortunate to be surrounded by boscage where I live. I loved the invented meanings for boscage and would like to make silver_flight today's winner. In fact, I think this meaning should be the real one for boscage. Here it is:
I think this would be an old-fashioned starched shirt that forces one into a particular posture in an attempt to confer authority.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
This is a large cage used to wrangle unruly children. It's use has been somewhat controversial, as it is viewed as cruel and unusual. Many moms, however, argue that they will become cruel and unusual if they do not use the boscage.
A boscage (pronounced bo-scage) is the technical term for the flower arrangement done by the Vicar's wife, or any other suitably talented lady in the congregation, for the Sunday morning church service.
Hooray, Word Imp, you're back!!
I think this would be an old-fashioned starched shirt that forces one into a particular posture in an attempt to confer authority.
Post a Comment