Have fun with a new word each day. I'll choose a word. You make up a meaning.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Lazaret
A lazaret is a special hospital for the diseased poor. Your meanings for lazaret were well thought out and interesting. Realityjunkie beat the opposition with her meaning. Well done, RJ.
A lazaret is a vertical decorative architectural detail that's too small to get into. It might be hollow or it might be solid. Little points on towers, little spindly points associated with onion domes, and the spires on the corners of the Taj Mahal are lazarets.
A Lazaret is a living fossil; any animal which was thought to have been extinct and is subsequently rediscovered. The Coelacanth is a classic example of a lazaret.
1. I choose an obscure dictionary word.
2. You invent a wacky meaning and add it as a comment.
3. After a certain time I list the true meaning and choose a winner for the invented meaning.
There are no prizes, just lots of fun!
Remember, children use this site too.
I am a children's author who has had a handful of books published by trade publishers. They're in book shops and libraries. I've also had a sackful of books published by educational publishers. These are mainly found in schools. I love words and that's why I invented this blog site.
5 comments:
A lazaret is a vertical decorative architectural detail that's too small to get into. It might be hollow or it might be solid. Little points on towers, little spindly points associated with onion domes, and the spires on the corners of the Taj Mahal are lazarets.
A Lazaret is a baby phoenix.
A Lazaret is a living fossil; any animal which was thought to have been extinct and is subsequently rediscovered. The Coelacanth is a classic example of a lazaret.
A lazaret is a baby lazer beam that is too young to shine very far. My CD player has a lazaret which is why it keeps skipping bits of music!
A lazeret is a small speech given by children when they are trying to avoid getting in trouble.
Post a Comment