Have fun with a new word each day. I'll choose a word. You make up a meaning.
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Marmoreal
My guess is that marmoreal refers to a person who is particularly bendy. Your invented suggestions for a meaning for marmoreal are very welcome. I look forward to being amused.
7 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Marmoreal is the condition that has been inflicted upon New Zealanders due to the lack of Marmite production in New Zealand due to the Marmite factory being damaged in the Christchurch Earthquakes. Marmoreal is caused by having to purchase Vegemite instead of Marmite and the users of Vegemite having to be reminded that Marmite is better than Vegemite and that Marmite will in fact be back on shelves very soon. Marmite is real...not just a figment of your imagination and it shall return!
Marmoreal was a childrens game popular back in mediaeval times. It involved a child telling a story and the rest of the children having to say if it is true or made up.
1. I choose an obscure dictionary word.
2. You invent a wacky meaning and add it as a comment.
3. After a certain time I list the true meaning and choose a winner for the invented meaning.
There are no prizes, just lots of fun!
Remember, children use this site too.
I am a children's author who has had a handful of books published by trade publishers. They're in book shops and libraries. I've also had a sackful of books published by educational publishers. These are mainly found in schools. I love words and that's why I invented this blog site.
7 comments:
Marmoreal is the condition that has been inflicted upon New Zealanders due to the lack of Marmite production in New Zealand due to the Marmite factory being damaged in the Christchurch Earthquakes. Marmoreal is caused by having to purchase Vegemite instead of Marmite and the users of Vegemite having to be reminded that Marmite is better than Vegemite and that Marmite will in fact be back on shelves very soon. Marmite is real...not just a figment of your imagination and it shall return!
A Marmoreal is an animal, similar to a mink. Marmoreal fur is even more sought after than mink; it is very rare therefore incredibly expensive.
Marmoreal was a childrens game popular back in mediaeval times. It involved a child telling a story and the rest of the children having to say if it is true or made up.
A marmoreal is a trout fly, designed for catching trout on lakes that are partucularly murky.
Dogmum's comment about Media Eval is spot on. Those darn journo's can be a nasty lot!
Marmoreal describes the feeling when someone who is pedantic about correct spelling finds out they have spelt a word incorrectly.
'Marmoreal Day' is the day I met the Queen!
Pussy cat, pussy cat where have you been?
I've been up to London to visit the Queen.....
Post a Comment