Sunday, October 10, 2010

Peccable

Peccable means liable to sin. Of course. It's not that hard really. Peccable is the opposite of impeccable. I'm not sure how I have reached my elevated status without being aware of such an obvious fact. However, it happened. Now I have no further excuses!

Thanks for your creative meanings. I enjoyed them and have chosen Siobhan as today's winner. Good work. Here's her meaning:

Peccable is a term used by bodybuilders to describe someone with the potential to excel in the bodybuilding field. When they see a young, puny specimen of masculinity,
but spy in him the potential to develop a strong upper body, they say 'that guy is really peccable' and try to sell him protein drinks.

4 comments:

Siobhán said...

Peccable is a term used by bodybuilders to describe someone with the potential to excel in the bodybuilding field. When they see a young, puny specimen of masculinity,
but spy in him the potential to develop a strong upper body, they say 'that guy is really peccable' and try to sell him protein drinks.

Scriptor Senex said...

Peccable is an adjective from the world of film and media and means capable of starring in popular films from the 1940s and 1950s. (It is a synonym of gregable.)

sprite said...

I'm going with peccable=messy on this one.

Clare said...

It's a kind of friable pebble that caged birds use to sharpen their beaks -- a bit like a cuttlefish bone. It's also a good source of minerals.