Monday, October 11, 2010

Hoggin

Hoggin is so much less interesting than you would think. It's a simple mixture of sand and gravel. Sounds a little bit like the stuff we use to create concrete. However, don't take my word for it and go mentioning hoggin to a concreting contractor any time soon. You could be misunderstood.

I thoroughly enjoyed your attempts to recreate Webster's dictionary definition for hoggin and have chosen Tesori Trovati as the winner. Her meaning took my fancy as my son is having a Harry Potter revival at the moment. So great work Erin! Keep it up. Here's her fabulous definition:

Hoggin: what gangs of wizards call flying around the castle at Hogwarts at midnight when they shouldn't be out of their houses.

5 comments:

Clare said...

It's a fastening on to your nightwear that you can use to keep your sleeping partner from stealing the covers.

TesoriTrovati said...

Hoggin: what gangs of wizards call flying around the castle at Hogwarts at midnight when they shouldn't be out of their houses

;-)

Enjoy the day!
Erin

DawnTreader said...

A hoggin is an old weapon or tool which looks like a comination of an axe and a spiked club. It was commonly used by poachers in the northern parts of England back in the 19th century.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

"Hoggin" is sort of like "joggin" but it is done by pigs lol

LOVE THE CONCEPT OF YOUR BLOG!
I am your newest follower!

Thanks for stopping by mine as well!

Word Imp said...

I have to add this meaning because no one else has done so, and I'm about to do the judging. I was sure someone would suggest that a hoggin is the word to describe a pig's coming of age birthday party. That's my invented meaning.