Thursday, February 07, 2008
Thanatoid
Thanatoid is, of course, deathlike or deadly. Thanks for bearing with me after my first time of repeating a word that's been used before on this blog. My checks and balances were obviously non-operational. However, it won't happen again any time soon, I hope. Your meanings were great. I enjoyed them all and agreed with the pollsters' choice of Sara for the win. Great work, Sara. Join us again soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Thanatoid is a little machine that is used to probing into the thyroid glands.
Just curious...didn't we have this one last year sometime?
Yes, I was just thinking that. I remember because I think I won with my lisping professor explanation.
Poor Wordimp. Don't tell me you've finally used up all the good words?
A thanatoid is benign nodule that develops from eating too much bacon.
A Thanatoid is a small piece of rock from Kent in England. Its origin can be found on any map of the area.
I wasn't a wordimp cat last year so I don't know if we've had it before.
tgw44.blogspot.com
Thanatoid is actually a word from the future.
In the 2020s it will be used an insult much like Dweeboid in the 1980s or Trekkie in the 1960s.
Thanatoid is being the wrong color. There are more particular names (jaundice, tan, flushed, pale) for particular differences, but thanatoid is the term for any change of color.
Yes, you're right. My mistake entirely. We had thanatoid on July 20 last year and there was a three way tie on the poll between Duckman, Bee and J Morgetron. Sorry to be repeating myself! I definitely haven't run out of good words. That will take a few years yet. I'll leave it here at the moment and be more diligent on that front in the future. Good on those word imps who noticed.
Thanatoid (n) Someone who points out errors, in particular inconsistencies and duplications, but attempts to do so in the nicest of ways.
Thanatoids are nasty little cough sweets favoured by elderly men. They are strong enough to make your eyes water and smell like creosote.
A thanatoid is a computer programme designed to ensure consistency and accuracy when blogs and storylines become so successful and long running that the writer has difficulty remembering what has gone before.
"Sharon decided to run the word through thanatoid to make sure she hadn't used it before"
The thanatiod was the meteoriod that wiped out the dinosaurs.
'Katy did her report on the thanatiod.'
Post a Comment