Have fun with a new word each day. I'll choose a word. You make up a meaning.
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Crenated
Crenated describes anything with a notched or toothed edge. The meaning suggested by Coolskool was today's winner. Congratulations, Coolskool. Yawl come back now, y'hear?
9 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Well, today is Valentines Day, and I am feeling luxurious in the fact my darling husband is uxorious about his wife, namely me! He flew in from the US yesterday, and along with many splendid gifts he also came home with a dreadful head cold. So I am fairly certain crenated describes that awful feeling you have when you wake up at 4:30 in the morning when you have a cold, coughing and spluttering, blocked up and unable to breathe through your nose, with a disgusting throat because you've been mouth-breathing all night...Supra-crenated describes the effect this has on your partner because thay also get woken up at 4:30 and can't get back to sleep again.
Crenated describes anything with ridges -- corduroy fabric, corrugated cardboard or sheet metal, some dipping potato chips, even the landscape can be crenated.
Crenated is an Archeaological term used to describe an item that is unearthed that pre-dates the Crustaceous period. At dig sites around the world, excited cries from wiry little Archeaologists can be heard shouting..."Hurry...over here...I've just found 3 crenated items!!!!" Whereupon the lucky fellow that made the discovery is greeted with whoops of delight from his colleagues and hoisted into the air as if he'd just won a very important race.
1. I choose an obscure dictionary word.
2. You invent a wacky meaning and add it as a comment.
3. After a certain time I list the true meaning and choose a winner for the invented meaning.
There are no prizes, just lots of fun!
Remember, children use this site too.
I am a children's author who has had a handful of books published by trade publishers. They're in book shops and libraries. I've also had a sackful of books published by educational publishers. These are mainly found in schools. I love words and that's why I invented this blog site.
9 comments:
Well, today is Valentines Day, and I am feeling luxurious in the fact my darling husband is uxorious about his wife, namely me! He flew in from the US yesterday, and along with many splendid gifts he also came home with a dreadful head cold. So I am fairly certain crenated describes that awful feeling you have when you wake up at 4:30 in the morning when you have a cold, coughing and spluttering, blocked up and unable to breathe through your nose, with a disgusting throat because you've been mouth-breathing all night...Supra-crenated describes the effect this has on your partner because thay also get woken up at 4:30 and can't get back to sleep again.
Crenated describes anything with ridges -- corduroy fabric, corrugated cardboard or sheet metal, some dipping potato chips, even the landscape can be crenated.
v. to act like a rock
past tense
Crenated describes anything that was created badly. For example, shoes that squeak.
Crenated means being stumped.
Two people were passing one witty comeback after another and all of a sudden, one person just couldn't think of a comeback.
I like Jude's definition!! :)
Crenated is the feeling a scientist feels when he has discovered something new.
Watson felt crenated when he discovered DNA
Crenated is an Archeaological term used to describe an item that is unearthed that pre-dates the Crustaceous period. At dig sites around the world, excited cries from wiry little Archeaologists can be heard shouting..."Hurry...over here...I've just found 3 crenated items!!!!" Whereupon the lucky fellow that made the discovery is greeted with whoops of delight from his colleagues and hoisted into the air as if he'd just won a very important race.
past participle that describes a broken decanter, for which it is an anagram.
see also recanted, tendrace, and dencarte.
Crenated is the word used to describe the cremation of beloved pets.
Post a Comment